Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1622 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

XHTML This - We even make ordering fun

Thread title: XHTML This - We even make ordering fun
Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
05-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by Duality View Post
I don't understand stuff like that sometimes. Why would he want you to live hard if this is "easy living?" That is just stupid, shouldn't he be happy that you are making money easily?
His words exactly:
I had to work so hard to get the things I wanted, you type and get money, how much easier can that get? You need to learn the value of life and the responsibilitys that are within.

05-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Duality is offline Duality
Expertise:
Software:

Duality is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Duality Send a message via MSN to Duality Send a message via Yahoo to Duality

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
His words exactly:
I had to work so hard to get the things I wanted, you type and get money, how much easier can that get? You need to learn the value of life and the responsibilitys that are within.
How successful is he? Tell him straight up how you feel about this. With this next statement, I'm not kidding.

I had a talk with my dad and I kept on pushing the same subject and I was in the same scenario as you. He kept on saying that I should work and I kept asking why if I make money. He said I should get a 'real' job and I said I don't want one. I kept on pushing him until he said he was jealous He said that he always thought that his children should never be more successful then him or he'd be a failure. Now he lets me do what I want and he even helps me with this.

Have a talk with him if you're not willing to let this pass. You'd be surprised if you had a nice calm talk with him.

05-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Software:

Old

I tried to show him some example code, he asked me if I understood that, I said yah.

Then he goes off saying that I should buy shirts saying HTML Nerd and need a job even more.

I hope this won't be perminant.

05-31-2007, 12:10 AM
Duality is offline Duality
Expertise:
Software:

Duality is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Duality Send a message via MSN to Duality Send a message via Yahoo to Duality

Old

Is he in a bad mood? If so, let it pass for now and talk to him tomorrow.

If he's always like this, ask him why he wouldn't want you to be making money easily. Working hard sucks, plain and simple.

05-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Heh, my dad loves what I'm doing. I always tell him what I'm doing and he tells me good job, and stuff like that. He encourages me and even wants me to start up his site for his business.. that sucks though. I really hope he lets you continue... what fun is it when you have no competition?

05-31-2007, 12:20 AM
CreativeLogic is offline CreativeLogic
Software:

CreativeLogic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to CreativeLogic

Old

I've built my knowledge up by learning everything on my own. You've worked just as hard to gain your knowledge of coding. He should be proud more than anything to see you've made yourself successful doing something you love. It's not like you're making your money illegally.

My parents have always fully supported what I do. Knowing that I can make money without going out working for someone else I think is a little different in their perspectives. They both own their own businesses so I think they have a little bit more understanding of what I'm doing.

05-31-2007, 12:20 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

Sounds like he is jealous because at 14 you are already doing things he can't understand as an adult.

Don't sweat it too much. My parents we useless and never supported anything I did. Make some cash, move as soon as you are 18. Or 16 if you think they won't make you come back

05-31-2007, 01:19 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Blue Ire View Post
Sounds like he is jealous because at 14 you are already doing things he can't understand as an adult.

Don't sweat it too much. My parents we useless and never supported anything I did. Make some cash, move as soon as you are 18. Or 16 if you think they won't make you come back
I'm 15 now, or else I wouldn't be able to work at all.

@Ryan: That what sucks so bad right now though, all I did was teach myself in Dreamweaver and just messed with the buttons trying to understand the code. I will find a way, he can't stay home all day during summer.

05-31-2007, 02:54 AM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Exactly! However don't get yourself caught, its not worth it trust me. Doesn't your new Mac have a feature thats like a built in proxy or something? So you can surf the web undetected? Maybe that will help.

05-31-2007, 03:01 AM
Software:

Old

My father went to the store, so I stole the stuff off his computer, uploaded it. Changed my password.

Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >