Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1550 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Should people believe the media ???

Thread title: Should people believe the media ???
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
07-21-2010, 09:51 PM
alphacaveman is offline alphacaveman
Software:

alphacaveman is on a distinguished road

Old

Right now the mainstream media is ignoring a lot about the oil spill and the Obama administration's failure to act as it should.

07-22-2010, 07:44 PM
whateverdood is offline whateverdood
Expertise: tech god
Software:

whateverdood is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by chaka42 View Post
Actually, leaving out or omitting information, is a lie.

"Lying by omission
One lies by omission by omitting an important fact, deliberately leaving another person with a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions. An example is when the seller of a car declares it has been serviced regularly but does not tell that a fault was reported at the last service. Propaganda is an example of lying by omission."
Wikipedia
Feel this is a fantastic point chaka. And a major piece of the picture as regards what I was trying to start discussion on. When there are critical things, of vital importance happening. And someone intentionally excludes telling anyone about it. In my opinion, its not only deception ... its betrayal. On the scale its happening now ... Would feel safe to say, its not only betrayal ( of public trust ). Its criminal ... aka: crime against humanity. Could just be my opinion though.

(edit) Interesting analogy folks ... what do you call someone who knows a heinous crime has been committed. But helps to cover it up, gives aid and comfort to the perpetrators ? And does everything they can. To help said lowlifes escape justice ? Just saying ... something to think about perhaps.

Also: " Thats Horrible. But how do you know this?"

Because I always ask questions poster. And prefer to think for myself etc. I agree, it is horrible and wrong on so many levels. When I really stop and think about it ... makes me wanna puke.

07-23-2010, 12:33 PM
vasilisa is offline vasilisa
Software:

vasilisa is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi)
we all know that one thing can be interpreted in two different ways by two different people, so media interpret information in a profitable way, but i am sure that they say the truth for 50-60%....

07-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Software:

Old

Its not just what they choose to report folks. Its often about the things they deliberately choose not to report. For instance, the subject covered in the video links in my first post.

When you're own govt, kills thousands of its citizens ( believe me, thats just the tip of the iceberg.) So they can declare war on somebody. .... Wouldnt you think that's something the average person. Kind of needs to know about ?

Although, of course wasnt part of the plan. Plan was to have the dirty work done. Work the sheeple up into a patriotic frenzy. ( assisted whole heartedly by the "free press")

Fire up the war machine ( paid for by the taxpayers. ) And fight a war ( fought by the US military, of course not by the people who wanted/started the damn war.) And make trillions, upon trillions of $'s. Mission accomplished, well somewhat, ... rest assured the fun is far from over people.

Was comical, in some extremely depressing ways. Everybody ran out and bought little american flags. ( made in china, lol. ) And support da troops stickers ( also made in china.) to stick on their cars. While the real "terrorists", laughed their way to the bank.

Well actually, ... some of the people Im referring to own the banking system. The US federal reserve ... is not a federal/govt entity folks. Its a privately held corporation.

Is also the heart of corruption pretty much worldwide, not just in the states. Long story ... sound crazy ? Isnt it though ? How the hell does something like this happen in the 21st century ? Check the facts ... facts never lie. Definitely cant say the same for the media, huh ?

Anyway, will get off my soap box now, lol. Just wanted to try to encourage conversation. Or get people thinking.

07-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Software:

Old

lol, back into the top results you go thread.

update: Cause just a thought ... corruption only works. If WE/YOU go along with it. Its not THEIR world, ... its OURS too.

10yrs ago ... it was those poor souls. ( and many more since.) Tomorrow ? Its you and the people you care about on the hit list.

Sighs, I prefer peace ... its what I want for everyone. But make no mistake folks, there's a silent war going on. Been going on for ages, unfortunately the bad guys, for the most part have been winning it.

Can one person change the world ? ... sometimes. If enough people decide to, ... can they ? NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

Sighs anyway, now Im done with this thread. Share info ( please make those links viral.) if you want to folks. Will leave with a good ole irish quote, slightly modified.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men (edit: and women ) to do nothing."

07-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Software:

Old

And once more into da top, for old times sake. Very interesting link to a free video folks.

http://www2.ae911truth.org/flashmov11.htm

Clearly relates to whether or not the media ... is doing a moral job. Of reporting the things people need to know.

This being just one example ... ( so many others both past and present. ) But to me, its begs a question. In the 21st century ... with the wonders of cell phones and the internet. Are people in a 1st world nation ... really still this clueless ?

For real last post, watch that video. And if what you find in it is compelling. Then spread it, share it. If you own a website ( or are one of the 450 million or so people with a facebook profile. ) Post a link to it please. Or donate a link to these people.

Might sound crazy and I wish it were just a bunch of conspiracy nonsense ... but IT'S NOT. What happened on 9/11 was scary folks ... What's happening after 9/11 is a helluva lot more disturbing. The life you save ... could be your own.

Thank you and have a nice life.

07-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Software:

Old

Ummm post edited on the grounds that I had been drinking heavily when it was posted.

sighs anyway tc folks.

07-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Fez is offline Fez
Expertise: HTML, CSS, Wordpress, jQuery
Software: e-texteditor

Fez is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Fez

Old

Originally Posted by whateverdood View Post
Hey, I think you are on the right track for self enlightenment and you posses a great deal of knowledge on some things, but, I don't think you are doing the right thing by calling people "shallow, self obsessed cowards".

08-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Software:

Old

Had to add this, as it is an intimately related subject. One more example ... of what you're being allowed to see. And what you're not allowed to know. Unless you bother to look for the information yourself.

Want an eye opening look at some important things past and present ?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...36&hl=en&emb=1

09-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Sandra Thomas is offline Sandra Thomas
Software:

Sandra Thomas is on a distinguished road

Old

Media is the medium through which we get to know the various incidents which are happening around the world.But sometimes the medias create such a hype that we literally get frustrated.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >