Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 999 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

[Debate]

Thread title: [Debate]
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
03-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Dubai is offline Dubai
Expertise:
Software:

Dubai is on a distinguished road

Old

i agree with Robson, Iraq had no threat to the U.S but Mr Bush wanted to finish his unfinished dad's business. What really pisses me off is that there is only one congress man that has his son enlisted in the army and serving in Iraq right now. ...and thats true.....

03-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Picard102 is offline Picard102
Software:

Picard102 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Remix
You must understand that America will not stand for having terrorists attack America on our own soil, and we will invade any country nesascary in order to protect our citizens !
I agree, I feel much safer now that America has invaded Saudi Arabia, oh wait.. they didn't. Instead they invaded a country that posed no imminent threat and created a situation where terrorists are now flooding into Iraq. But never mind that, USA A OKAY!

Originally Posted by xdoomx
Don't know if you guys watched the movie by Michael Moore, Faranheit 9/11?

A lot of americans hate that movie, at least those who are in love with Bush.
There are also a lot of Americans who hate it because it's a bunch of whining and propaganda targeted at people who can't see otherwise. Anyone who uses this movie as the basis for their opinion is as bad as those who blindly support Bush.

Originally Posted by Nofan
What really pisses me off is that there is only one congress man that has his son enlisted in the army and serving in Iraq right now. ...and thats true.....
Why does that piss you off? Cause their not forcing their kids to join the army?

03-22-2005, 12:31 AM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

xdoomx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to xdoomx Send a message via MSN to xdoomx

Old

Because they send other people's kids to go to a war that serves no purpose but they refuse to send THEIR kids, that's what's disturbing.

And I don't base my opinion strictly on that movie, only that the facts told in it are pretty disturbing. Of course that movie contains a good part of crap that isn't true but it also contains a good amount of truth.

03-22-2005, 02:07 AM
Picard102 is offline Picard102
Software:

Picard102 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by xdoomx
they refuse to send THEIR kids, that's what's disturbing.
If their kids were in the military they would most likely be sent. They can't MAKE their kids join the army and force them to go. Their isn't a draft.

03-22-2005, 03:45 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Remix
I am totally with the war, supporting my troops. You must understand that America will not stand for having terrorists attack America on our own soil
can you remind me when Iraq attacked US soil? i must have been asleep that week.

and we will invade any country nesascary in order to protect our citizens ! Which makes me feel safe.
protect against what? afghanistan, although very poorly done, was slighty justified (although it was retarded from the beginning). you punch me, i'll punch you back. i'm not going to go around punching a bunch of other Ameircans in the nose because i'm afraid of them doing it to me first for no reason.

Don't know if you guys watched the movie by Michael Moore, Faranheit 9/11?

A lot of americans hate that movie, at least those who are in love with Bush.
though i do like michael moore because if nothing else, i enjoy watching him stir stuff up for no other purpose than to stir things up - concidently i happen to agree with his opinion, but you can't cite his movie as a legitamit resource. it's clearly biased and with good cause. it's meant to convey an anti-bush message, e's not going to include the few things that were benefitial from him taking up office. that's like using mein kempf as an unbiased history resourcefor the 1930s. just crazy.

besides, the book dude where's my country is way better.

06-10-2005, 01:55 PM
weiming is offline weiming
Software:

weiming is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Michael
I am totally with the war, supporting my troops. You must understand that America will not stand for having terrorists attack America on our own soil, and we will invade any country nesascary in order to protect our citizens ! Which makes me feel safe.
Yeah, Iraq was so involved with 911. You're a genius.

Originally Posted by Nofan
What really pisses me off is that there is only one congress man that has his son enlisted in the army and serving in Iraq right now. ...and thats true.....
The ratio between American servicemen in Iraq to the number of males in the United States over the age of 35 is 1:533.

The ratio between the number of sons of American congressmen serving in Iraq and the number of congressmen in the United States is 1:535.

source 1
source 2

What was your point again?

06-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

who brought this back lol?

anyway io watched Faranheit 9/11 about a week ago and if all of it is true (which it most likely is) then it has totally changed my view on the whole thing

06-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Renegade214 is offline Renegade214
Expertise:
Software:

Renegade214 is on a distinguished road

Old

"can you remind me when Iraq attacked US soil? i must have been asleep that week."

dereklapp, you must have have been asleep when some people from Iraq hijacked a plane and flew it straight into the World Trade Center, resutling in thousands of casualties. You must of been in hibernation, or something if you didn't hear that one.

06-10-2005, 02:32 PM
weiming is offline weiming
Software:

weiming is on a distinguished road

Old

Care to list some of those (many ) Iraqi hijackers? Or are you just blowing hot air?

You actually believe the Iraqi government was somehow involved in the attacks? If that's the case, you've been caught up in all the president's spin, which I believe went something like this:

Bush: "We know that Iraq and the al Qaeda terrorist network share a common enemy - the United States of America. We know that [insert irrelevant and misleading information here]"

Therefore the hijackers are Iraqi, instead of Saudi, Egyptian, and Lebanese? You gotta be some kind of vacuous moron to fall for such specious claims. But sadly, that description fits most of the US population, including you, my friend.

06-11-2005, 12:53 AM
sliceandcode is offline sliceandcode
Expertise:
Software:

sliceandcode is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm all for the war, let's kick some ass!

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >