Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2206 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

Something you should read about

Thread title: Something you should read about
Closed Thread    
03-19-2007, 08:11 PM
mn is offline mn
Expertise:
Software:

mn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mn Send a message via MSN to mn

Old  Something you should read about

I think some people here can relate to this post and excuse me for my french but thats how i feel it should have been done.

http://www.michaelnovikov.com/?p=28

03-19-2007, 08:20 PM
NoahAndrew is offline NoahAndrew
Expertise:
Software:

NoahAndrew is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to NoahAndrew

Old

I've gotten screwed a time or two. I don't do business with anyone who doesn't have a good reputation anymore. I know where your coming from.

*Edit* 300th Post w00t.

03-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Amross is offline Amross
Software:

Amross is on a distinguished road

Old

Stuff like that can and will happen to everyone, unless they take the time doing steps to prevent it. While I feel for you, I highly disagree with a lot of what you have said, especially things like "Most of your clients are shoppers...".

How can you put a numeric figure on what other people's clients are? Maybe yours are that way, but I know mine sure aren't. My clients know they're going to get something quality when they hire me and as such, they ignore people trying to lowball me to get work and stick with me even if it means more money out of their pocket.

Out of curiosity, did you and your client sign a contract?

03-19-2007, 08:48 PM
mn is offline mn
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Amross View Post
Stuff like that can and will happen to everyone, unless they take the time doing steps to prevent it. While I feel for you, I highly disagree with a lot of what you have said, especially things like "Most of your clients are shoppers...".

How can you put a numeric figure on what other people's clients are? Maybe yours are that way, but I know mine sure aren't. My clients know they're going to get something quality when they hire me and as such, they ignore people trying to lowball me to get work and stick with me even if it means more money out of their pocket.

Out of curiosity, did you and your client sign a contract?
Well your taking about web desing industry and i am in both although this specific client was working with me and the bank. I am a broker at First Lincoln and Triumph Funding Corp. and no the legal bonding contract is signed two or three days before the closing after we recieve the HUD. So its a little different but the theory it self applies to many different fields.

03-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Did you get a deposit? If not you have made yourself the disposable shoe. NEVER work without a deposit, I wont even start working without one.

03-20-2007, 12:11 AM
mn is offline mn
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Did you get a deposit? If not you have made yourself the disposable shoe. NEVER work without a deposit, I wont even start working without one.
Yet again when your working as a broker there are no deposits or advances until your client closes. The only possible way to some how hold your client is to get the appraisal done which will cost them money and you will have control of it which i havent done so there it goes

Closed Thread