Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1015 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

VirPlus Webhosting!

Thread title: VirPlus Webhosting!
Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6
07-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by UKMatt View Post
Secondly, I hate all you coder bit.ches who are always commenting on 'poor code'? if it works and looks good, who cares? I'm sorry, but if you purchase hosting based on the coding standards then there's something wrong.
Gee, let's think here for second (because you obviously didn't): he's posting at Talkfreelance. Guess what? Most/majority of us are freelance webdesigners who either do graphic design, front-end design/code, and back-end design/code. You know what that means? It means that we love what we do, and take it seriously.

So yeah, if we see a website using tables when it's NOT tabular data, expect people to make comments about it. It's not like it's going to negatively impact the website if he cleans up the code to bring it up to par with standards here at TFL. Of course it won't be negative effect if he doesn't do anything with it. It's called posting criticism and giving the OP the chance to use it or lose it.

07-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Mjhorsy is offline Mjhorsy
Software:

Mjhorsy is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jordanriane View Post
Gee, let's think here for second (because you obviously didn't): he's posting at Talkfreelance. Guess what? Most/majority of us are freelance webdesigners who either do graphic design, front-end design/code, and back-end design/code. You know what that means? It means that we love what we do, and take it seriously.

So yeah, if we see a website using tables when it's NOT tabular data, expect people to make comments about it. It's not like it's going to negatively impact the website if he cleans up the code to bring it up to par with standards here at TFL. Of course it won't be negative effect if he doesn't do anything with it. It's called posting criticism and giving the OP the chance to use it or lose it.
Well he didn't post it for a professional review or to be ****ged off. We have a "Talkfreelance Design" area for that.

07-11-2008, 10:18 PM
UKMatt is offline UKMatt
Software:

UKMatt is on a distinguished road

Old

Gee, let's think here for second (because you obviously didn't)
Firstly, I did

Originally Posted by jordanriane View Post

He's just announcing his website ... good code isn't a prerequisite for launching a website. If it works, and it looks good, run with it. Honestly, is doesn't matter if his code is sh.it, and I don't believe he asked for anyones opinion on his code. It's not like he's pimpin' his services.

Now onto the quote 'standards here at TFL'. What standards? I hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of sites announced here suck some major as.scheeks.

Guess what? Most/majority of us are freelance webdesigners who either do graphic design, front-end design/code, and back-end design/code. You know what that means? It means that we love what we do, and take it seriously.
So that makes you what? The internet code validation police. Monitoring the internet to make it a better place for the lot of us. Guess what, 99.9% of the internets users don't give a toss if the page validates.

Well he didn't post it for a professional review or to be ****ged off. We have a "Talkfreelance Design" area for that.
That's close to being the smartest thing I've seen written in this entire thread.

07-12-2008, 07:30 AM
creativejen is offline creativejen
Expertise: design, front-end markup
Software: Photoshop

creativejen is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to creativejen

Old

Well, i guess it looks like something went wrong with the discussion like usual, in this thread, so i'll just say, nice site. Maybe a few color changes could be done to better it.

Apart from that, tfl members, if your going to argue, get yourself a room and do it quietly. Stop ruining threads like ****ing usual.

07-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Well, i guess it looks like something went wrong with the discussion like usual, in this thread, so i'll just say, nice site. Maybe a few color changes could be done to better it.

Apart from that, tfl members, if your going to argue, get yourself a room and do it quietly. Stop ruining threads like ****ing usual.
Seriously. One last thing though, if you can review his design, why can't anyone review the code behind it?

07-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

la la loo la la

07-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2