Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1608 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Copyright Questions

Thread title: Copyright Questions
Closed Thread    
08-05-2008, 09:23 PM
ubiquitousFreelancer is offline ubiquitousFreelancer
Software:

ubiquitousFreelancer is on a distinguished road

Old  Copyright Questions

Hey there, got a few copyright related questions for you. I realize these questions are fairly long, but if someone could answer them I would greatly appreciate it.

1. If I use a font whose liscence states that it is fine to use for commercial purposes, am I legally allowed to include the font with a template or logo I'm selling? If not, am I allowed to include the font in a screenshot or demo of the template/logo and then give the client/buyer a link to download the font for themselves?

2. This one is similar to question 1. If I download a free font whose liscence states that I can't use it in commerical work, can I demo a template with the font, then remove it when giving the template to the client/buyer; then give them a link to the font so they can download it themselves.

3. I notice that a lot of templates have images in them, some of them don't even look like stock photography—for example, some have pictures of celebrities that were pulled from online magazines, and some templates have pictures of gadgets such as iPhones and Blackberries—is it legal to use these in your template? If not, can you use them for demo purposes then remove them when giving them to the client/buyer.

4. If I buy stock photography and use it in a template, is it legal to include the photo in the package with the template or does the client/buyer have to buy it for themselves?

Closed Thread