Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1029 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out

Thread title: The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
08-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Trustworthy, we are looking for excellent coders with a great track record here who are confident enough in their skills to take upon a challenging task to finish the coding and make sure all the little details look fantastish.

If you know someone you can vouch for, who is also available, let me know.

Thanked by:
08-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Trustworthy is offline Trustworthy
Software:

Trustworthy is on a distinguished road

Old

Unfortunatly I do not know anyone...

But good luck in finding the right guy for the job!!

08-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Was cleaning through bookmarks and decided to check to see how things were coming along. Op will surely deliver.

I'll be removing TFL from my bookmarks.

Thanked by:
Dan (08-24-2012)
08-25-2012, 04:41 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

There's no hope for this place what-so-ever

This place will be completely abandoned soon. It will probably be left up for a few years after too

08-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Yet it must be satisfying (for Artashes, I guess) that folks keep coming back to check in on the place (even if it is only to be disappointed over and over again).

08-27-2012, 05:01 AM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
We have Jason from CreativeNine finishing the design at this time. I like how he was able to pick up the pieces and push them forward.
This post was 2 months ago. It is so hard to take you serious anymore as your word is worthless. It is the same BS over and over, members try to cling to some hope that you will do something but its all a load of bullsh#%. This site has been in your hands for what, 3 years? We have been told of great designers, great coders and nothing has materialized.

You can delete my post or tell me that these type of posts do not help but facts are facts. Artashes you have let the members of this site down!

09-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Lucas is offline Lucas
Software:

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Old

Meh, this crap is dead. We can help those who want to be helped, but those that don't, well, we can't. Too bad this used to be such a wonderful place, at least close it down or something. No wonder why HostingDiscussion never picked up against WHT.

09-16-2012, 09:26 AM
3styler is offline 3styler
Software:

3styler is on a distinguished road

Old

I always thought the downfall of TF was a few of the members and the constant whinging and infighting. Not sure why people seem to think a redesign is going to be the 'cure'?

Thanked by:
Gaz (09-16-2012)
09-16-2012, 03:38 PM
vVv is offline vVv
Software:

vVv is on a distinguished road

Old

Infighting isn't always a bad thing though, every community has that, and especially when you have huge member base with many different characters as well. Some times it's good to have the mouth battles between others in a community, to relieve the stress and make various points and arguments. I know it's not "fight club" either of course, but it is the internet after all, and a community with many various characters lol.

I've been gone a year from here just so busy with real life issues, went through emails and noticed I had joined here a year ago, came back to the same things as I've left it. To me, in *any* community, if the admins aren't really showing any backing of their words to the community, the community itself starts to fade away and continues to fade away too.

It only takes a few members, especially the ones in higher positions to lead a forum into it's "death". And from what I seen in previous posts before, this place has been in a "coma" for years, and it's only a matter of time before the "family" pulls it off life support. All these promises that were spoken of year or years ago, still really haven't been done either, which only makes the community members even more doubtful, especially considering the track record(s) of previous owner(s).

It should only take a 48 hours max to make forum organizing changes, re-naming of forums. Should only take week or two (possibly) at max time for redesigning and coding the new design (if given a good coder), and less than 24 hours to upgrade the script. The content that's lacking isn't necessarily the owners job though, that's the community member's job itself. It's them that should be contributing to the site itself to improve it. The owner of course can or should maybe nudge this along? I'm not sure, but that's just my thoughts.

But I think the stalling or putting off by the community member's efforts to put forth good quality content is also because of the track record with previous and current owners too. "Why bother helping them, when they can't help themselves, nor help us as community members?" The crap rolls down hill, and from what I see the general members are always catching the crap and buried alive in it. They're tired of the crap, they want it flushed and forgotten and to be able to revive this place again and have it thriving. I sure hope to see some great changes here soon though!

Thanked by 2 users:
Artashes (09-26-2012), Salathe (09-16-2012)
10-10-2012, 03:08 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

It's been two months since I last post on the subject. What's going on? Maybe it's worth cutting your losses and selling.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >