Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1278 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

Standards, use them.

Thread title: Standards, use them.
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
03-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

If you have a look at Intellisense, or anything like it - you get a great deal more power with writing for Internet Explorer but you loose the best Members you'll get. It is a shame the Standards don't push through the huge amount of things you can do with Sites on Internet Explorer which you can't anywhere else. Especially ActiveX.

Originally Posted by sunspark
I personally used to use IE. I don't anymore because I get more crap on my computer with it than without it. But I still have a copy of it, and I still make sure it renders my designs well. If it could be made more secure, supported more of standards again, I would be glad to use it. I simply think its way overdue for a real upgrade.
Internet Explorer 7 - when you consider 6 has lasted more than 4 years (since actual completion, not release) in an Internet that is exponentially growing since its release - will be great. I have no doubt the standards upheld in all the new Microsoft stuff; ASP.NET Pumping out XHTML, Visual Studio automatically testing for XHTML and Accessibility will be put into Internet Explorer 7 - along with Longhorn-Style Security (as it is the Internet Explorer for Longhorn) which will be two years more advanced than the SP2 Security on Internet Explorer 6 and Firefox Style Style with likely Tabbing (hopefully that can be turned off, its a pain in the arse).

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4