Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1998 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Nixism's New Logos..

Thread title: Nixism's New Logos..
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
09-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Shanks is offline Shanks
Software:

Shanks is on a distinguished road

Old

If it's very "brandable," then tell me why Gonzolo could not come up with a logo that relates to the name more than just the "n." The only reason why I remember the name nixism is because I've seen advertised a lot on these forums.

09-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by chaka42 View Post
I actually think people don't put enough thought into designing logos. They approach it as if they were simply designing something cool as opposed to its meaning and importance. Too many people minimize what a logo is to a company or a site.

I, for one, agree with derek lapp. But hey, whatever makes the client happy.

I agree with both derek and chaka. However from my experience in designing logos for online clients; I've found that people are much more happy to receive some random thrend whorish logo over something that really shows meaning as their logo. Demand vs ....?

09-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Dante is offline Dante
Expertise:
Software:

Dante is on a distinguished road

Old

Visually, I really like it. The first one specifically.

But, if I saw that logo somewhere out there by itself (meaning away from it's web site), I wouldn't know what Nixism was from the logo. I'd know it offered some type of service based on the text 'where clients matter', but I wouldn't know what kind of service. This matters because the logo might be used for print ads, web ads, marketing materials, business cards etc.

Unless a logo is already visually associated with a business, the way Nike's swoosh icon is for one example, I think a logo should either say more, be a bit more obvious or perhaps lead somewhere.

In this case, I'd suggest that something more should be added so that when you see the logo, you know what type of business it is. This could entail something as simple as changing the catch phrase from 'where clients matter' to 'web hosting where clients matter'....or something of your choosing.

FWIW, again I like it visually. It fits in well with the main site, it's professional looking and pleasant in appearance. I also like the darker blue sub text because it caught my eye and made me look more closely to read what it said.

Just my $.02.

09-09-2007, 05:52 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Josué View Post
If it's very "brandable," then tell me why Gonzolo could not come up with a logo that relates to the name more than just the "n." The only reason why I remember the name nixism is because I've seen advertised a lot on these forums.
Well then, you come up with a meaning for nixism, I myself can't find one..

09-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Alex Eyre is offline Alex Eyre
Expertise:
Software:

Alex Eyre is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Alex Eyre

Old

I think both look and work well together with your site with a personal preference to the second, although the square logo thing with rounded edges on three is getting a little old now.. time for something new and refreshing imo.

Alex

09-09-2007, 11:16 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Drew View Post
You're right people dump tons of money into branding, but branding isn't all about the logo. Do you think google or ebay has established it's brand JUST because of the logo?
the logo is the face of the brand though. half of the money is usually spent on application like signage, uniforms etc, but it's still a very important part of the process and it's what people will interact with the most.

i agree a web hosting company doesn't need a deep, thought provoking logo because it doesn't do anything deep or thought provoking, but why shouldn't it try? who aims for good enough?

regardless of intensity, a logo should have a concept in some way. if you want to call yourself a professional the reasons should be deeper than "it looks cool".

amaze, the logo defines what it represents, but not always literally. nixism doesn't have to mean anything as long as stand for something - principle. your slogan is "where clients matter". sounds like you're all about hand holding tech support -> they submit a support ticket and you're on it instantly. caring, fun/enjoyment, safety/reliability, growth - as in your servers function perfectly giving the site no problems and thus it's allowed to grow into something bigger. those are all concepts you could apply to this.

just look at the imagery you've used on the site - a girl with a fat ass grin. why not reflect that excitement? make a smiley face out of the work - use the i's as eyes (bad pun) or something that suggests comfort or safety.

i'm picking on this logo because i came up with that off the top of my head, so unless this was 10 minute job, i'd expect at least that level of thought, and n for nixism is not that.

as i said before, as a graphic, aesthetically it's nice. clean and stylish like a nice coloured button down shirt, but as a logo i expect more thought behind it.

09-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Drew is offline Drew
Software:

Drew is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Drew

Old

Originally Posted by derek lapp View Post
the logo is the face of the brand though. half of the money is usually spent on application like signage, uniforms etc, but it's still a very important part of the process and it's what people will interact with the most.

i agree a web hosting company doesn't need a deep, thought provoking logo because it doesn't do anything deep or thought provoking, but why shouldn't it try? who aims for good enough?

regardless of intensity, a logo should have a concept in some way. if you want to call yourself a professional the reasons should be deeper than "it looks cool".
I agree with you on all of that, I just don't know how much can really be done with the brand "Nixism". Sure you could take the smiley face or caring approach but that would most likely come off cheesy.

09-10-2007, 12:03 AM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by derek lapp View Post

amaze, the logo defines what it represents, but not always literally. nixism doesn't have to mean anything as long as stand for something - principle. your slogan is "where clients matter". sounds like you're all about hand holding tech support -> they submit a support ticket and you're on it instantly. caring, fun/enjoyment, safety/reliability, growth - as in your servers function perfectly giving the site no problems and thus it's allowed to grow into something bigger. those are all concepts you could apply to this.

just look at the imagery you've used on the site - a girl with a fat ass grin. why not reflect that excitement? make a smiley face out of the work - use the i's as eyes (bad pun) or something that suggests comfort or safety.

i'm picking on this logo because i came up with that off the top of my head, so unless this was 10 minute job, i'd expect at least that level of thought, and n for nixism is not that.

as i said before, as a graphic, aesthetically it's nice. clean and stylish like a nice coloured button down shirt, but as a logo i expect more thought behind it.
There is nothing that can come out of "nixism". I thought about it, foxtrot, and so did Gonzalo.

You seem to be very knowledgeably so why don't you tell us what can come from "nixism". Look at other big companies- Google for instance. Google's logo is pre-made text with different colors. Guess what, it is something simple and everyone knows it.

For instance, lets say nixism was the prime web host, been around for 8 years something like hostgator or any of the big ones. If you saw the "n" you would know who it is representing, just like any other logo. You can have the simplest logo, and it won't mean anything without publicity.

Look at nike's logo, what the hell is that? A check, how long did that take to make? But hey, everyone knows its nike because they are established and have their name everywhere.

09-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by .amaZe View Post
Look at other big companies- Google for instance. Google's logo is pre-made text with different colors. Guess what, it is something simple and everyone knows it.

Look at nike's logo, what the hell is that? A check, how long did that take to make? But hey, everyone knows its nike because they are established and have their name everywhere.
You're not a globally renowned company with the ability to pull off an ugly logo.. Google is.

09-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Shanks is offline Shanks
Software:

Shanks is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
You're not a globally renowned company with the ability to pull off an ugly logo.. Google is.
At one point Google wasn't one either, so I think it's still debatable whether a strong, meaningful logo is actually as important an element to a website's success as let's say, the quality of its service, how catchy and memorable its name is, and how well its address is spread.

A good design contributes to the quality of its service, but a logo (a graphic with no usability purpose, unlike an icon) does not.

amaze, by arguing that the name nixism does not have any literal meaning, I was trying to convince you that all the time you put into perfecting a logo, in this thread and with your designer, could have been better spent making sure your clients matter.

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >