Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1711 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Government bids (for US-based TF members)

Thread title: Government bids (for US-based TF members)
08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Government bids (for US-based TF members)

I'm in the midst of planning a meeting series for a group of independent professionals who run small (1-20 person) practices. One of the sessions will be about de-mystifying the government bidding process* for small and extremely small businesses. While the process can have a steep learning curve work is often interesting and the pay, even in lowest-bid situations, at US market rates. (See e.g., the recently awarded AOC.Gov redesign (Architect of the Capital) https://www.fbo.gov/spg/AOC/AOCPD/Wa...2/listing.html.)

My preparations got me wondering: are there any/many of you here who respond to government RFPs? I would be interested in a brief conversation about your perceptions of the process. PM, please.

Thanks!

Sarah

*US federal, state and many municipal agencies are required to announce work on an RFP/RFQ or other bidding system. In some instances there are set-asides for small businesses.