Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2214 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Where to find gaming staff...

Thread title: Where to find gaming staff...
Closed Thread    
12-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old  Where to find gaming staff...

Me and Jason are creating a PSP website and have figured (Aren't we genius’s) that to get good traffic we need to bring all the big gaming news first. How can we find staff that will be bring us the news first? Where are the best places to look?

Cheers.

12-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Presumably, the best places to look for news staff would be the big PSP sites that are already out there. If you're creating a PSP site, I assume that you know at least some of the big sites out there. Have you considered using syndicated news from those bigger sites in placement of (bad idea) or addition to (good idea) your own staff's news writing?

12-12-2005, 12:43 AM
xZaft is offline xZaft
Expertise:
Software:

xZaft is on a distinguished road

Old

Hmm, the best place to look is watching G4 TV, or going to their website, http://g4tv.com . They are always up to date.

12-12-2005, 04:48 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Scrap staff... RSS feeds are the way =)

12-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Landes is offline Landes
Expertise:
Software:

Landes is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Landes Send a message via MSN to Landes

Old

Ugh... Yeah, right Dan..

Staff is Much better then using a RSS feed from another website.. Is that even Legal?

12-12-2005, 11:19 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

RSS feeds are definitly the way to go! Why? Because you need to build your site up with content/traffic first before anyone is going to even look twice. Try and find a good feed that has fresh news and great quality content and integrate it into your site. After a few months and some SEO work you should be in a much better position to think about bringing some other people in (they won't work for free either) so you will need some finances first.

I would think about giving away free psp games for your launch promotion as well, post on some big gaming forums and try and attract some of the members to check your sites out. Have you thought about introducing a gaming blog? For the reviews, simply rent out or buy the games, play them and give a detailed summary with screens. That way you don't need writers.

You need to make your site different from the rest, not sure how you can do that...one way is to have news first but without inside knowledge it's very hard to do and thats why there are only very few decent gaming sites, IGN/Gamespot etc.

Competitions could be a really great way...people could have to try and get the top score on their favourite game and send a screenshot into the site perhaps via SMS or e-mail and the winner gets to be featured/interviewed perhaps make a hall of fame and they also get a prize.....what about merchandise? Official t-shirts, cups, mousemats etc......I could go on allday!

12-12-2005, 11:29 PM
DogFaceBoy is offline DogFaceBoy
Expertise:
Software:

DogFaceBoy is on a distinguished road

Old

As Robson said, Writers don't come free, nor do they come cheap. Minimum wage for a writer would be around $10-$15 per hour of work. I also don't recommend an RSS feed either, as it is not your own news and therefore people will just end up on the bigger sites with the same news aswell!

Hope that helps abit...

12-12-2005, 11:32 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I also don't recommend an RSS feed either, as it is not your own news and therefore people will just end up on the bigger sites with the same news aswell!
I wouldn't recommend using it forever either, but the fact that these two guys probably lack start up capital means they need a way to generate abit of content to get into the search engines and drive traffic. No one will be willing to join a team on an unpaid basis if it lacks all potential.

Closed Thread