Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1623 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

What is wrong with my design and code?

Thread title: What is wrong with my design and code?
06-01-2009, 02:30 AM
pebas is offline pebas
Expertise:
Software:

pebas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to pebas Send a message via Yahoo to pebas Send a message via Skype™ to pebas

Old  What is wrong with my design and code?

Here is my latest work,no serious bids at all,why?Any help or advice is highly appreciated.

SimplePortfolio

06-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Magnus is offline Magnus
Software:

Magnus is on a distinguished road

Old

-

06-01-2009, 12:27 PM
pebas is offline pebas
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via MSN to pebas Send a message via Yahoo to pebas Send a message via Skype™ to pebas

Old

Thank You very much Magnus.Clicking on image produce spacegallery effect but I know it is confusing with photoshop shapes without any function.I really appreciate your comments and suggestions.That is really helpfull.I like the honest way of your writing for my design.Great way for me to learn more.

06-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Jamesy is offline Jamesy
Expertise:
Software:

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Jamesy

Old

The typography isn't too great! The first thing that normally strikes you when you enter a webpage is the header.. Using a plain font with badly arranged blending effects will immidately destroy the type on your site. Another thing is the tag line... Perhaps you should rethink it, because honestly: it doesn't make sense!

06-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Immersion is offline Immersion
Software:

Immersion is on a distinguished road

Old

Looking at the design, the funny photoshop shapes don't work and make it look a bit odd. The tag line as said above, does not make any sense. I too thought the shapes where arrows for a slider thing. I also didnt realize that clicking on an image changes it to a new one. Only found out after looking at the source code. I thought it was just an effect, there is nothing that seems to indicate that clicking on it should do anything.

http://www.imgcow.com/uploads/310Picture 5.jpg

I actually quite like this bit of the design and think it wouldnt be too bad if it was only just this bit.

06-01-2009, 03:05 PM
pebas is offline pebas
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
The typography isn't too great! The first thing that normally strikes you when you enter a webpage is the header.. Using a plain font with badly arranged blending effects will immidately destroy the type on your site. Another thing is the tag line... Perhaps you should rethink it, because honestly: it doesn't make sense!
Ok,I understand now.Typography is very important for web design.About Tag line I can put "lorem ipsum" I suppose,anyway I pay attention on that details before uploading next design.And I will be better in english next time.

Thank You @Jamesy!

06-01-2009, 03:15 PM
pebas is offline pebas
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Immersion View Post
Looking at the design, the funny photoshop shapes don't work and make it look a bit odd. The tag line as said above, does not make any sense. I too thought the shapes where arrows for a slider thing. I also didnt realize that clicking on an image changes it to a new one. Only found out after looking at the source code. I thought it was just an effect, there is nothing that seems to indicate that clicking on it should do anything.

http://www.imgcow.com/uploads/310Picture 5.jpg

I actually quite like this bit of the design and think it wouldnt be too bad if it was only just this bit.
Yes,yes...that is the true Immersion,all design with code is confusing for the first time visitors.I must be more carefull next time.I'm creating design,and I'm making code for design also,because of that my perception is different then visitors perception but I will be more carefull next time and I will try to make more clear design and code for visitors.

Thank You very much @Immersion!

06-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Dr John is offline Dr John
Software:

Dr John is on a distinguished road

Old

The images at the top are too big!
On my screen the menu is the last line visible, and clicking on the menu items doesn't seem to do much, until I noticed the scrollbar length changing size. The screen update is totally hidden apart from the change to the scrollbar. Average users could miss this and assume that the menu is not working. The part that changes should be visible to users (read up on usability engineering - being too clever never really works with ordinary site visitors)

06-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Jake B is offline Jake B
Expertise: Coder
Software: Sublime Text, Google Chrome

Jake B is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Jake B

Old

It's not centered, the "accent images" look redundant and the salmon-colored text is not pleasant on top of the cheap "paper" background. If we're talking about grammar: too much exclamation marks means no exclamation marks at all. You use them sparingly, which in turn makes an exclamation mark much more effective.

Your designs seem to be okay, but they don't have any personality at all. If you are to sell yourself as a designer you need to start creating your own style instead of looking like much of the other designers' work on this forum — crap.

Example time: I am not a designer, I am a web developer. I work with designers and purchase their work (in which I code and use). So let's say you're trying to sell to me. What makes you think I'd like to buy a design that looks similar to other ones?

BTW: I am not saying you ripped off design or anything, I'm just trying to tell you that you need to stand out from the rest. This is all constructive criticism, I am here to help