Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1394 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

$400 logo competition is on!

Thread title: $400 logo competition is on!
Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
05-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Lucas is offline Lucas
Software:

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Old

Artrashes, sorry that I sound like a broken record and seem to appear here just to vent, but bro... you have been doing this changing skins, getting logos, etc. for quiet a while now and almost all of them at the very least 'look' unfinished, like you really have no time or money to devote to the site, things take forever. Maybe you should consider hiring someone if you have the money or letting the site go to someone that has more time? Otherwise it'll keep dying a slowly and painful death. You don't want it to be too little too late. I mean, most of the community I once knew here is pretty much gone, you have to step up your game, I'd like this to become once again a forum I can come to learn and discuss web development with the quality it used to have.

05-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Lucas, I know very well what it looks like. I am trying and I have been spending the money (I wish it was just the money problem), but the series of events we have faced have been extraordinary, including the situation with the latest hired designer who was supposed to wrap things up for us. I don't want to reveal what might be personally sensitive information, so he might update you himself what took place, if he wishes to. I am in the process of now hiring 2 separate from each other designers to go over the same finishing stages (in order to have a backup). I am losing track of the money I spent, but it is a matter of principle now.

Thanked by:
.Nick (05-21-2012)
05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
chaka42 is offline chaka42
Expertise:
Software:

chaka42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to chaka42 Send a message via MSN to chaka42 Send a message via Skype™ to chaka42

Old

Originally Posted by MsJacquiiC View Post
Pardon me for asking, but why the hell haven't you picked any?
Do you think it at all fair to the designers that have submitted designs, that their time should thus far be completely wasted?!?
How RUDE!
I have to step in with this type of response and clarify to each and every designer that participates in contests. It was a waste of time for ALL of the designers with the exception of the winning design. I don't believe Artashes is or was rude at any point and reserves the right to choose a winner as defined by the 99designs contest rules. Each and every designer that participates is therefore operating under the same guidelines.

Thanked by:
Samshelton22 (05-22-2012)
06-03-2012, 06:11 AM

Old

After a few months of terrible luck with the overall design/development process, my attention is back to this contest.

Another round of eliminations (down to 3 designers out of 6). The top finalists still in competition:

(in alphabetical order)

audy
http://99designs.com/logo-design/con...signers/637906

benko
http://99designs.com/logo-design/con...signers/447675

makis kekos
http://99designs.com/logo-design/con...signers/579412

Before someone points it out, I know that I've mentioned above that I have a winner in mind. I do in fact have a favorite. However, I take this as a step by step process. Hearing different sides and an extra night for deliberation isn't going to hurt anyone.

06-06-2012, 07:15 PM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
After a few months of terrible luck with the overall design/development process, my attention is back to this contest.

Another round of eliminations (down to 3 designers out of 6). The top finalists still in competition:

(in alphabetical order)

audy
http://99designs.com/logo-design/con...signers/637906

benko
http://99designs.com/logo-design/con...signers/447675

makis kekos
http://99designs.com/logo-design/con...signers/579412

Before someone points it out, I know that I've mentioned above that I have a winner in mind. I do in fact have a favorite. However, I take this as a step by step process. Hearing different sides and an extra night for deliberation isn't going to hurt anyone.
You clearly stated one extra night for deliberation. Have you made a decision as it has been 3 days since this post?

06-08-2012, 06:50 PM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

guess not, nothing has changed here

06-08-2012, 07:45 PM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

.Nick is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by triadink View Post
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

06-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Old

You clearly stated one extra night for deliberation. Have you made a decision as it has been 3 days since this post?

I have the winner. But in order to award him, I have requested 99designs to resume the contest which got locked during the latest round of design eliminations. They've done it in a way that still allows designers to submit their work, but not communicate with them. I cannot select the winner for technical reasons until the contest's time runs out and goes into Stage 4 of selection. There are still at least 14 hours before I can do that.

06-13-2012, 06:09 PM

Old

Hello all! I am happy to inform that we finally have a winner!

Conceptually, Andrew (a.k.a benko at 99designs) has delivered the strongest logo that is as creative as it is highly suiting and practical for us to use.

While this is the awarding entry, I had a difficult time in selecting the actual variant. Andrew has invested a lot of time and effort into understanding the objectives, taking my feedback and playing into different angles.
http://99designs.ca/logo-design/cont...510/entries/67

The new logo properly represents the new direction of the new design and it will make a perfect fit for us in the long run. Additionally, I have quickly communicated with Andrew for the purpose of possibly making some minor changes and working out a couple of alternatives with different fonts, as well as some extra work. What I want to do is partially use that simple but phenomenally effective graphical element in forum's new design itself.

Congratulations to Andrew and to all the TalkFreelance members with a soon to have cool new symbol of the community.

06-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I've never seen a logo have so many contrasting styles. Not even sure what to say. At least you finally have a logo to work with I guess.

How is the design coming along?

Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >