Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1879 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Listing Fees

Thread title: Listing Fees
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
12-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Zane is offline Zane
Expertise:
Software:

Zane is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Zane

Old  Listing Fees

Not sure if this is the right section.

When buymytemplate starts up there will be a fee for listing an item on the site, i was wondering if you think these fees are appropriate.

Design Items
$6 fixed charge, 1 time fee

Domains
If under $150 sale, $5 fixed charge, if over $150 sale, $10 fixed charge.
1 time fee.

12-11-2005, 01:21 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

jon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to jon Send a message via MSN to jon

Old

It’s impossible to say without knowing more about the website and without knowing how much targeted traffic it receives.

Domains
If under $150 sale, $5 fixed charge, if over $150 sale, $10 fixed charge.
So, are you going to make people pay before or after they have sold the domain? Most people don’t know how much they plan on selling a domain for until people start bidding on it.

Personally though, I think you should make everything free. I know I would never pay to sell anything on a new website. Hell… I probably wouldn’t even list it if it was free unless I was sure the site was getting a lot of traffic and there is a good chance I would get a sale.

If your entire business plan is based around people paying you to list templates and domains for sale on your website… I think you need to sit down and think it through some more. Why would someone pay you to list there template or domain on your website over listing it on a really high traffic forum for free?

12-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Personally I'd do it as follows:

Designs - FREE listing charges
Domains - Anything that sells (actually completes the sale) for $100 or under, list for free.
Domains - Anything that sells for over $100, charge $2.50 per sale.

You wont make a lot of money, but by heck you'll be quite popular.

12-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Zane is offline Zane
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Maybe i should do something like a $20 1 time membership fee.

12-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Maybe, but to be quite honest who's going to pay $20 to join a new site generating low levels of traffic and activity, not many.

12-11-2005, 01:50 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Designs - FREE listing charges
Domains - Anything that sells (actually completes the sale) for $100 or under, list for free.
Domains - Anything that sells for over $100, charge $2.50 per sale.

You wont make a lot of money, but by heck you'll be quite popular.
What, just because you have a website that allows you to list domains and templates for free automatically means you’re going to be popular?

Just look at DnThifty.com. It’s an inet owned website that allows you to list your domains for sale for free; just look how dead it is. After a quick glance it looks like there are less than 10 domains listed on that website and it has been up for months. Its not as if inet have forgotten about it either, it is listed in the toolbar on every inet website. (webhostingtalk.com etc.)

Anything that sells for over $100, charge $2.50 per sale.
So if a domain listed on the website sells for over $100 your going to ask people… “hey, can you send me $2.50 please?” and just trust that they will pay it? I can’t see that working to be honest.

Your best bet would be to scrap the idea of listing fees all together and hope to make money from the adverts on the website. Even then your website will have to have something special for people to actually want to take time to list there templates and domains on your website.

12-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Zane is offline Zane
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I wont start charging straight away, im going to have first 2 weeks free listings. Then after the 2 weeks depending on how much interest and traffic i will place some sort of membership fee.

I was also when it launches going to try and get a deal with Robson that talkfreelance members can get 1/2 price or something.

12-11-2005, 01:52 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I was also when it launches going to try and get a deal with Robson that talkfreelance members can get 1/2 price or something.
Why do you think people would pay money to list there template for sale on your new site when they could list it on talkfreelance for free?

12-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Hey jon,

What I meant when I said "more popular" was that he'd be more popular to list for free in the early stages, than if he was to list for a fee (again, in the sites early stages).

DNThrifty.com is badly marketed and badly designed in my opinion, it looks like all other iNet sites and doesn't offer anything visually unique. Advertising in links on forums navigation or in toolbars isn't a great method of swinging visitors, I've only ever used the inet toolbar once in my whole life, I think the system is pretty crappy.

In regards to the commission per sale idea I had, it would work similar to eBay if it was to work at all. Before listing the listers would read over a disclaimer and terms of service, tick the box is they pleased and list. At the end of that calendar month a paypal invoice will be sent to them to pay the balance on all sales.

Ideally you could structure this much like ebay

12-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Zane is offline Zane
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Well i thought that would be obvious. I plan to get the site going with high traffic, also most sites like talkfreelance just attract sellers and most sales are made through sellers who are going to resell. buymytemplate will also attract buyers.

And yes anthony the system is very much like ebay, we will have a feedback system e.t.c, report modules e.t.c e.t.c

As for the potential partnership with talkfreelance i thought it would be benficial because talkfreelance has a lot of sellers and so by giving them a discount it will attract them to bmt. Talkfreelance would benefit as more people would join because of the discount (and some other benefits) tf users will get.

regarding tf=bmt its just and idea, its up to robson if he wants to put it into practice.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >