06-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

Lol, I've never been able to test it in Safari :P

Nested tables as I have explained are an annoying send off from Opera. I could do it no problems in Internet Explorer without any blooming tables. Unfortunately some hippie scum decided they would write out some standards; a few too many quorn sausages and fizzy waters later they came up with the most ridiculous piece of crap ever conceived. A few days later some stupid bastard too lazy to make his browser popular through work like everybody else does decided that he would latch on to aforementioned ridiculous set of standards. Three seconds later four dozen Linux-Folk bastards decide standards help them in their continued quest to get all the software they want without having to actually go to work, stick it on their Blog, and everybody believes aforementioned group of hippie scum got their standards right and all hell breaks lose.

I checked out the Listamatic Site, looked promising. Would be nice to have just a list, would look nicer in the PHP. However, I found it to be an impossibility to do what I have done that way. First off, I cannot space the list items. Borders worked a little but cannot be made transparent and would be noticeable as content scrolled up. Height could not be changed, short of sticking in some divs to space out the top and the bottom, which defeats the object of using a list :P Width could not be changed without sticking in a table to define a width, which again would defeat the object.

If anybody seriously believes they can pull that menu off using a List and CSS; then by all means show me I will be impressed. Until that day, I would enjoy not having my code called horrible. Proper code doesn't look nice anyway, even without crap to get around.

The thing that is going wrong is here: http://beta.dotomega.com/profile. You don't need to look at the code to see what is going wrong :P