03-24-2007, 11:04 AM
sletts02 is offline sletts02
Expertise:
Software:

sletts02 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sletts02

Old

Originally Posted by sixmode View Post
Robert said it well. Lets move Talkfreelance forward. I remember a while back, Fexboards were doing a complete overhaul and they had their members submit skins that they thought would fit. Then the staff voted on the ones that they thought were suiting. There's enough talented people here where this could also work for us.

Anyway, I could offer help if needed if you guys are indeed redesigning the place.

-snipage
I have to agree. The community is massive, and it is evident from seeing the replies thus far in this thread that the community wants to see TF go forward. Some are so committed that they will help in making the board progress.

Apparently the new category arrangements are to encourage posting in the offers requests etc. Perhaps TF should lead the way by making a forum design contest then having the COMMUNITY (and staff) vote on the winning design and have that put in to practise.

Furthermore, the community too should be having some input to the direction of the forum. As BigJam said, the website has so much potential for expansion. Podcasts etc. If the community lent their ideas, and then had some voting as to what would be used, it would be beneficial.

Lastly, I have to agree with the "realign" concept that was introduced a few posts pack. Obviously this would be emphasized in the contest. Sure there may be some underlying psychological factors in terms of the current colour choice. However, what "we" have developed over time is a trademark. Over time we have been subconciously subjected to the colours everytime we visit TF, we know that green and blue belong to TF. At the bare minimum, this trademark, this identity that has been built needs to be preserved.

My two cents.