01-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Jamesy is offline Jamesy
Expertise:
Software:

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Jamesy

Old

Originally Posted by Bryan Le View Post
I know you said no comments on typography, but it needs a lot of help...

Is this done in all html? It looks like it.
I know my typography needs a lot of improvement, and I'll soon be uploading a typo wip of mine which I'll be keen to get comments on.

And yeah, it is all html.

Originally Posted by cpr View Post
I'm no coder, but surely you could of done something slightly more advanced than just plain text on a white background to show off your abilities?
Maybe so, but my coding abilities don't stretch that far to be quite honest! When I'm doing more complicated things, I'd refer to a book, or read up on a tutorial. This is just from memory.

Originally Posted by jm View Post
Grrrrrrr- http://www.glasgowfreelancer.com

I know it doesn't look anything like each other- but its the fact you've used "Hi" out of everything on the english dictionary. I have that design on my business cards aswell.
I can see why you're angry, but in all honesty, I've never seen your portfolio or identity designs before. I gained inspiration for it from a blog about the effectiveness of using short words in typography.

Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
I think your being a little hostile on the word "Hi".
I agree, but only to an extent. He has every right to feel angry, although, I don't think it's anywhere near similar enough to go about changing it.

Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Markup is horrible... Presentational tagsm no doctype, in doc css, not a single <p> even though you have paragraphs... get a book on markup.
Thanks for the comments.