View Single Post
02-11-2005, 05:27 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by kiswa
I didn't mean my response to sound that way, if it did. I was just wondering what made him choose to use javascript rollovers as opposed to doing it with the CSS. It wasn't intended as any type of attack on his choice, I was just curious.
simply out of lazieness. +)

this was for a school assignment (it probably wil never actually be used) and i coded it just for the sake of having a realistic working example in a portfolio. if you look at the about page, the sub links are pure code, because if it was actually used, it's be php driven and they'd have the ability to add and remove anu sub links, but the global links will go as is, so they don't need to be able to change and images were the quicker route.

frankly, i don't care enough to have a 'coder's heavn' website. coming up with a good design is harder then coding a basic box design. if that's what people want, they can spend $30 on an html book and do it themselves. i simply use what coding abilities i have to best suit the design i come up with. icode what i design, not the other way around.