View Single Post
11-27-2008, 03:07 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

I wouldn't worry about the $20.00 matter anymore. People will think what they want, regardless. IMHO, I don't feel that you were purposely shafting or trying to "screw" anyone out of anything, especially over $20 (more).

Either way, I think PM's regarding sales / offers should be taken with a grain of salt. It can help settle things quickly, and discussions could be carried there yes, but it can also be the downfall of a sale, or user as well.

Only the supposed (two parties) users words are there, no one else can physically "see" them. Things (deals/offers/etc) can "fall through smoothly" or "fall apart dramatically" via a PM. Scooting back and forth, relaying what "so and so" says via a PM to a thread, is costly as well. It's a gamble.

I do that too, though. So to say I haven't, is making me a hypocrite. I immediately (whenever I get online after being in bed for hours or whatever) report back to the thread what's been said / offered via a PM... to keep threads updated. But again, it's a gamble, and it can be costly.

Because people can back out, as fast as they offer something. I think offers and etc from PM's should be kept quiet. Out of sight, out of mind, until something were to actually fall through for sure. Of course, to be decent about it, report it immediately to your thread upon finding out of a supposed "higher offer" or what-not.

But again, if you're basically saying that you'll take $200.00 settlement price (NOW)... and a user is requesting payment methods, then IMHO, I think it's only right to stick with that original $200 bin settlement user. Because it's a "cut throat" gamble. I KNOW you didn't say, whoever is first to PM will get it. It's all just a big mess really sigh. People thought one thing, and other things were going on too.

I wouldn't pay attention to the "drama" of it, just get the sale thread back on track and make a settlement price and stick to it. Really, that's all you can do at this point. *shrug* Someone was willing to take at $200.00, and someone else for $220. I'd just do a nice happy medium price some where there and let it go if possible.

Or, if you think you could actually get the full original bin price range, go for that then! Either way, I wish you luck! If I had spare monies to spend (if people bought my stuff) I'd probably get it! LOL! There's a few other designs / templates on here I'd love to get, but can't, because I'm a broke bastard... lmao.