View Single Post
05-02-2007, 03:23 AM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Everyone is getting a little heated and we're all over reacting a bit here.

The question isn't about stealing or being "inspired" by our promotion or design. What's there is obvious - the design is similar (too similar to be coincidence), and the basics of the promotion is there - which we came up with originally.

The only thing that it making us frustrated is the fact that a new company can't come up with their own material or their own ideas. It's easy to follow in someone else's footsteps, and for that flattery, I thank you. But let's all be serious - we need to seperate ourselves in the hosting industry in order to succeed, and Brius has accomplished that, only to have someone else pick up the pieces. It's business - I know that, and so does Dave, but when someone says something, don't try to hide the fact that you didn't know about it - just admit it, and move on.

I'm never afraid of competition. Those that know me well know that I thrive on competition in everything I do. It's the driving force behind everything - and without it, this would be no fun. So I'm not scared of competition - rather, I'm frustrated that my intellectual property is taken without credit or permission, and spit back out, and then pretended that nothing happened. Let's be real - Nixism's new promotion is similar to Brius's idea and execution, but there's nothing I or Dave can do about that now. It's in Nixism's hand, and the way they deal with it, is up to them.

Nixism is more then welcome to run the promotion. I don't care. But in the future, if you decide to take someone else's idea, when you're asked about it, you should at least acknowledge it. If you plan on succeeding in this market, then good luck to you. Honestly, I mean that.

First impressions mean everything. And it seems that you've yet to come up with your own identity. Before you can succeed, you need to be able to do that. Take that as either advice, or let it go out through the other ear. Doesn't matter to me.