View Single Post
02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Using the upload feature in Dreamweaver creates unnecessary bloat in the account you're uploading to. That was one problem I had when I was working for an agency downtown.

Every file uploaded through DW attaced a 2nd file, that just had the username in the file, and nothing more. That crap is a pain to delete when you've got a webite with 1,000+ files. So now you've got 2,000+ files. I'm not sure if that was an option to disable either.

I don't use Dreamweaver because I've never used it. So to me, it's not efficient. I type pretty fast, so the time saved for someone who lets a shortcut auto-fill in, is the same time it takes me to type it by hand.

If you're used to Dreamweaver, then I guess stick with it. I just think the majority of "easy" features it offers is why some people look down upon it. They see it as a "you'll never learn it yourself since it's doing it for you" kind of program.

I just use intype to get all coding down. Heck, I don't even need color coding majority of the time. I've edited through my FTP's built-in editor, which is not color coded... Never slows me down either. Just years of working with it that I'm just able to do it in any program. Just not DW :P