11-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

Originally Posted by jono1
Oh I see...on the official development blog of Internet Explorer they admit "that IE is behind the game in CSS support", admit that IE had a huge number of bugs that they've now fixed, admit that it is their explicit intent to "build a platform that complies with the appropriate standards" (somehow I doubt he's talking about IE's 'standards'), and you say you didn't read much of it and it doesn't apply to your arguement.
Very mature.
Lol, I read the Internet Explorer Blog regularly, it continues to be a disappointment each time I did not merely not read it all because Jonny suggested it :P Quite like Jonny actually, I read the entirity of the Wikipedia page he suggested to read. I did not read it all purely because I have read that kind of thing before. You cannot take a Blog post as policy anyway, so we will have to wait until it is fully released to see what updates are actually made.

As I said however, my opinions about internet standards are not based on what the Internet Explorer Team may or may not believe.

Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
I do not disagree the W3C standard is the wrong way of doing the standard purely because it is not Microsoft, nor because I think the people at Microsoft don't like it. I disagree with it because it is the wrong way :P The Internet Explorer Team are obviously being driven by a seperate force to which I would like them to be. I don't think it is nearly so strong as you seem to think from that Blog, but it has obviously been there for a while. I can only hope it will not destroy the fantastic work their way of doing it has brought.
I don't think even in that Entry that they admit to having numerous bugs :P That is all about rendering issues; they admit to having numerous W3C-standards rendering issues. A rendering issue against the W3C is not a bug

And so in doesn't apply to my arguement. I am saying that W3C standards are wrong, that Microsoft standards as I know them now are right. If Microsoft standards change, while I am not really going to say they are wrong they will not be right. Or indeed if they die off all together, which I still seriously doubt whatever that Blog says, the W3C standards will still be wrong :P I wasn't under the impression the standards bits of this little discussion were an Anti-Microsoft discussion on your part? That would kind of hint that you think the W3C are right because Microsoft can't be? It does sound a bit like it... you should really get some opinions of your own one day