Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 995 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Articles From The Experts :

The World of a Thousand Businesses! The Secret to Being Seen on the Top of The Mounta

Thread title: The World of a Thousand Businesses! The Secret to Being Seen on the Top of The Mounta
Closed Thread    
10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
logo2d is offline logo2d
Expertise:
Software:

logo2d is on a distinguished road

Old  The World of a Thousand Businesses! The Secret to Being Seen on the Top of The Mounta

by: Anthony Jewell

The market online for any business is usually so over-saturated with companies that the selection process for a future possible client is a very tough one. Just think if you were to go online and search at google for "web hosting". You will get around 265,000,000 results returned back to you and if your like me you just don't have that much time to search. Lets say out of these results that even 1/10000th or 26,500 are actually webhosting companies(probably far more). Do you think even if you were to review them all that you could make a clear decision? I don't think you could but what would help you make a decision is an attraction developed to some of the sites you've visited. This attraction was probably created by the brand and website design which left an image in your mind. This is another form of marketing that allows a company to stay in your mind even after you leave their site. This is the secret on how you can be seen on top of that huge mountain of companies!

Now that you figured out the secret you have to take the steps to using it to gain the edge on your competition and trust me you can. You goals for your company will start to become clearer at this point with you developing a marketing plan based around your website. It is a two step process. Step One(1) is to get people to your website. Step Two(2) is to have people remember you even after they exit your site. Especially having them bookmark you so that they can come back any time and never have to worry about forgetting your url. This is why it is important to have a book mark link on your website!

While developing your website so that it is memorable you also have to make sure that it is stimulating to the mind. That it what really makes visitors think and want to find out more about your company. Once you achieve this you have to combine the design with features that the user can enjoy as well as get use out of. This will be a two prong approach where your activate the mind by not only the design or colors but you also get the mind moving and stimulate it with great website features(actually workable elements such as a domain look up, site builder ect...).

Using this approach will leave a lasting impression on anyone who visits your website and will keep them coming back for more.
----------------------------------------------------
Anthony Jewell has over 6 Years experience in the Web & Graphics World. You can visit my business and join in conversation at our forum at http://www.logo2d.com/forum & http://www.logo2d.com

©Copyright 2005 Logo2D.com : Feel free to use this article freely but please keep in the copyright

10-21-2005, 05:14 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree with you somewhat, but out of those 256,000 results in reality people will only browse the first 10 or so pages searching, so seo does play a very big role in standing out among the competition. Generally people assume if you're at the top of a search engine it must mean it's because you're good. I agree with the design theory though, out of all the hosting sites i've come across the ones that really stick in my mind is www.hostrocket.com, www.lunarpages.com, www.websitesource.com, is it any coincidence that they're all designed by ceonex? I think not

10-21-2005, 11:50 PM
logo2d is offline logo2d
Expertise:
Software:

logo2d is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi,

You are keeping me busy tonight.lol.

I agree with you. Hmmm I wonder why those hosting companies do so well with their design. I mean any company could have a great design if you have a few thousand to spend. Ok. So maybe their money is well spent and is help building their business but one thing I notice is that I don't seem to find them on first page when searching for webhosting on google. So I wonder if a design plays an even more important role then first thought? Take care.

Anthony,
www.Logo2D.com

Closed Thread