Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1232 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming :

need help with thesis, CSS, scripts, uggggg

Thread title: need help with thesis, CSS, scripts, uggggg
08-19-2010, 08:51 PM
designingwitheve is offline designingwitheve
Expertise: design
Software: dreamweaver, photoshop, PSP

designingwitheve is on a distinguished road

Old  need help with thesis, CSS, scripts, uggggg

I have this client that is seriously a PITA.. I under-quoted and screwed myself with the terms so I just need to finish this...

the big issue right now is browser display- in Firefox it is fine, but in IE and safari is is all wonky, columns, scrips not showing, etc. etc.

I am at a loss, so many LITTLE issues I just can't seem to find- possibly just because I am so frustrated so I am hoping one of you will be able to take a peek and say yeah- do this.... lol

http://stage2010.rebeccalself.com/

Some of the issues so far:
---widths all messed up in Safari
---IE not displaying any of the scripts- has the last one all down the side and everything...
---cant get rid of the box below single posts where comments were going to go (she wants NO comments anywhere on blog- strange I know- but it is her blog lol)
---the slider box on the top right rotates through just fine but the first time it goes to the first one again it is blank... if that makes sense? She HAD almost 25 of these rotating but I talked her down to 5

those are the main issues- I would be sooooo grateful for any help in getting this done!!!

08-24-2010, 12:41 PM
TaeKwonJoe is offline TaeKwonJoe
Expertise: Designing & Programming
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++

TaeKwonJoe is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via MSN to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via Skype™ to TaeKwonJoe

Old

I don't think anyone has replied here because they don't want to touch this issue. When it comes to cross-browser compatibility, some people start thinking suicidal thoughts. I don't currently have time to check out all your issues that you've listed but I will give it a shot when I get home from school, however, if you want my advice, what I do is code my designs in Google Chrome and then go back and check the other browsers. Safari usually works very similarly to Chrome and Firefox isn't too bad either. Internet Explorer is always the one who has the odd issues but you can usually find a workaround for it by Googling the issue or asking here.

08-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Do you have IM?