Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 732 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Comments and Suggestions

Thread title: Comments and Suggestions
Closed Thread    
12-13-2004, 01:44 AM
HostCheckup is offline HostCheckup
Expertise:
Software:

HostCheckup is on a distinguished road

Old  Comments and Suggestions

Overview:

Talk Freelance has a lot of potential in it. Some could compare it to yaXay, but this forum offers 'fresh creavitity'. On top of the great administration. (Negative comments on certain moderators... *COUGH* TheDPQ *COUGH) The number of design threads is thriving, which is very good since it's a freelance forum. More to come on the Design & Related Offer's forum.

Cool...

The contest section is exactly what the design market needs. It will generate quality entries because of the application form, and less talk. Because who wants to read? I'm in it for the pictures.

Freelance Quote? That should be bangin'. I don't know the details on it, but just the name says it all. People can come to the forum and find the artist that best suits their project(s).

It's really great Talk Freelance is offering avatars and signatures, rare today. Sometimes it can get out of hand, but it gives people more freedom to express themselves. Plus it looks cooler in my opinion. Maybe some rules on signatures and avatars soon in the future?

Freelance Section

The design and contest forums look great so far! But, I think a major downfall to all business related forums anywhere is the freedom of offering/posting services. Things such as 'Profesional Templete $70 NOW!," what is this? You can't even spell right.

For example, if you look into a quality restaurant directory, your not going to find advertisments like that. Rather, it should be alphabetical (Or in a forum situation, new to old thread). Also, every directory should follow the same format. Yaxay does a good job of using a format and tags for the contest section. But the title should have more of a format, explaining the essential details of the contest.

Less freedom should be granted in the business related section to keep only quality work to be sold. It's a shame to see great designers work go unseen because of other 'cheap' work like a $5 splash. You never know when a client is willing to pay a large sum of money because they love your work. But, on the other side, it takes away from newer designers that arn't at that level. So there should be 2-3 seperate sections that divide the varity of quality work that is being presented in my opinion.

Sorry that was a big post. I hope my suggestions can help! Everybody have safe and enjoyable Holiday.

12-13-2004, 02:17 AM
x3knet is offline x3knet
Expertise:
Software:

x3knet is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to x3knet Send a message via MSN to x3knet Send a message via Yahoo to x3knet

Old

Wow... Awesome suggestions Host! Welcome to TFL also!

I must agree with your contest suggestion. Let's compare me and Robson... lol. He would be in the professional section and I would be in the Intermediate section, haha.

12-14-2004, 07:35 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Thanks for the comments and suggestions HostCheckup, all of your ideas will be noted and taken on board

Closed Thread