10-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Would be interesting to actually know what progress has been made. You can't afford to keep users in the dark.

Yaxay.. TutorialForums.. TalkFreelance.. seems all forums have a life expectancy.
There may or may not be some correlation between my involvement at the upper levels of such forums and their ultimate demise. (I'm only part-joking of course, I had nothing to do with TutorialForums.) I can agree that many forums do have a life expectancy, a lucky few make it back from the brink and an even luckier few last anywhere near as long as this place has.

I'm probably not alone here.. I've lost any urge to log into TF and contribute. I've just read Salathe had stepped down, shame.
I still log in, if only to roll my eyes at the awful threads being posted. Where's the banter, where's the knowledge-sharing?!

With the amount of suggestions people flung your way, I'm baffled why a marketplace idea competition was needed.
I may be wrong (do feel free to call me out on this) but it wasn't so much about getting new ideas. Either that, or I'm totally giving Artashes too much credit.

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
It is possible I'll post some new screens this coming week. We are days away from the final product anyway. However, our Facebook fans will get the exclusive first look.
Post them here first; here is the place that should be receiving special attention, exclusive sneak-peeks. Show your community here that you care, not some little clique who "like" this site.

Thanked by 4 users:
Artashes (10-11-2011), Gaz (10-10-2011), High5 (11-04-2011), Village Genius (10-10-2011)