Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2078 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Top 5 powerful countries

Thread title: Top 5 powerful countries
View Poll Results: Which country is a powerhouse
United States of America 54 58.06%
China 13 13.98%
Britian/ UK 16 17.20%
France 0 0%
Japan 4 4.30%
other 6 6.45%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread    
03-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Christian is offline Christian
Software:

Christian is on a distinguished road

Old

America because we have the best form of government, and in my oppion have far superior weapons to any other country.

03-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Christian View Post
America because we have the best form of government.
Ah yes, the democratic-dictatorship.

03-01-2007, 03:53 AM
vitalize is offline vitalize
Expertise:
Software:

vitalize is on a distinguished road

Old

I would hope America or we better start making friends with other countries aswell.

03-01-2007, 03:55 AM
northpark is offline northpark
Expertise:
Software:

northpark is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to northpark

Old

Originally Posted by vitalize View Post
I would hope America or we better start making friends with other countries aswell.
We? Your Profile Says AU. We have plenty of friends.

03-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Mark is offline Mark
Expertise:
Software:

Mark is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via MSN to Mark

Old

Originally Posted by northpark View Post
We? Your Profile Says AU. We have plenty of friends.
Not that I would expect an American to know anything about the countires tied to the U.S.A (too busy worrying about yourselves) but what he meant was, Australia is an allie of the U.S (friends).

That is why we were sucked into a stupid ****ing war in iraq because when Bush asked if we supported we couldn't say no or we wouldn't look so friendly would we. Then what happens when theres a nuclear war, we get ****ed cause U.S doesn't wanna have our back.

Offtopic, it is beyond me why voting is not mandatory in the U.S. And don't give me the "it because we're so free la la la look I can sit on my ass cause it's a free country" because as far as I can see, you are losing rights every day to your ****ed government (privay, right to a fair trail when it comes to suspected terrorism etc).

03-01-2007, 10:54 PM
northpark is offline northpark
Expertise:
Software:

northpark is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to northpark

Old

Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Not that I would expect an American to know anything about the countires tied to the U.S.A (too busy worrying about yourselves) but what he meant was, Australia is an allie of the U.S (friends).

That is why we were sucked into a stupid ****ing war in iraq because when Bush asked if we supported we couldn't say no or we wouldn't look so friendly would we. Then what happens when theres a nuclear war, we get ****ed cause U.S doesn't wanna have our back.

Offtopic, it is beyond me why voting is not mandatory in the U.S. And don't give me the "it because we're so free la la la look I can sit on my ass cause it's a free country" because as far as I can see, you are losing rights every day to your ****ed government (privay, right to a fair trail when it comes to suspected terrorism etc).
1. I am not an American
2. I took his understanding of we as relative to America, not Australia. (Grammatically)
3. Your sweeping generalization of the American people was not only insensitive, it offended me as well as they are the people that have been so hospitable in allowing me to stay in their country.

Whether you meant "An American" as a person who only believes in Government Policies (Joe Citizen) or Truly Average Citizen, you are most probably wrong in both cases. As the government policies go, I feel like they are geared towards the rest of the world (Including Australia) however tend to focus more on 3rd world countries. And if your blaming the American government for dragging you guys into the war, only to not have your back when "a nuclear war" comes about, I only have one question -- how can you say such a thing when nothing of that scale has happened, especially overlooking that fact that if Australia is nuked, America probably isn't going to look much better. As for the argument of an Average American citizen not knowing/caring about American allies, then it all depends on the region and nearly impossible to speculate about. Unless your Miss Cleo.

This topic (main one) has more sides than the Hope Diamond.

Closed Thread