Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2299 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Building a forum community

Thread title: Building a forum community
Closed Thread    
12-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Baby Boy is offline Baby Boy
Software:

Baby Boy is on a distinguished road

Old  Building a forum community

I have been trying to work hard to get some new members to my site and I am looking for ways that don't cost me any money to get members. I feel that wasting money on "posting services" is useless so please do not recommend this.

Thanks...

12-04-2007, 10:56 AM
CreativeLogic is offline CreativeLogic
Software:

CreativeLogic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to CreativeLogic

Old

Content is King. Has and always will be. Unless your site has something special to offer to the users there's no reason in signing up. You need to figure out something or some way to entice members to sign up and post. Not necessarily a contest as they usually fail miserably unless you have a decent amount to give away.

Think of something that you can provide your audience, if it's not content a useful tool that they must be registered in order to use.

Typically forums take a lot of time and have little return unless they grow extremely large or some alternative income stream.

12-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Adulu is offline Adulu
Expertise:
Software:

Adulu is on a distinguished road

Old

If you want traffic for free, only content can bring taffic.
btw, you can throw a pie for your president, news will bring taffic

12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Baby Boy is offline Baby Boy
Software:

Baby Boy is on a distinguished road

Old

Yeah, I started posting a few various articles in different forums myself to give it some kind of action... just waiting to see some interested people. I don't want to post TOO many cause then it'll look like I'm talking to myself :P

I do have the forum model setup so members earn "points" which are in return exchangeable into REAL cash. And until December 31, I am giving any new member a free 20 points after signing up and making at least 15 posts.

Each point is set to a fixed rate of .05 cents. Sio you figure 2,000 points is an easy $100 ... but here's the cool part, you get point just for participating in the forums. In example: Posting replies, starting new topics, completing offer's or incentive website (incentive website's offer the most points), referrals, etc.

Sound good enough?

Closed Thread