Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1496 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

GUI Design fees

Thread title: GUI Design fees
Closed Thread    
03-03-2005, 05:44 PM
pelachrum is offline pelachrum
Software:

pelachrum is on a distinguished road

Old  GUI Design fees

does anyone know what are avergae fees for designing a graphic interface for a software (on freelance basis and maybe as part of the staff also)?

The program sells in a range of $50-100

The job may involve just redesigning current icons and buttons but it may grow to a full interface redesign.

It would more than likely involve just concept developemnt and creating of actual graphics but would not probably go into mechanics of the programming (I mean using any type of program that actually creates the interface on the programming level) Just to compare though if you could throw in this number also, that would've been great.

03-03-2005, 06:25 PM
seen.to is offline seen.to
Expertise:
Software:

seen.to is on a distinguished road

Old

Really depends on the project.
If you want to send me a copy of the software I'd be glad to give you a quote.

03-04-2005, 12:55 AM
pelachrum is offline pelachrum
Software:

pelachrum is on a distinguished road

Old

I realize there would be a range

I'm trying to figure out what that range would be though. It's a job tracking and billing software, sort of like quicken, quickbooks and those but not on a such a large scale. it doesn't go into accounting and finances as deep as the ones above but at the same time it helps to manage jobs

03-04-2005, 01:11 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

It's far too hard to quote a price for the job without understanding the scale of it. I would just calculate it on an hourly wage. Logos, icons etc take time, I would work for $25/hour....so based on the size of the project you can work from that.

Lets say it takes you a week, working 5 hours per day. That would be $25 x 5 = $125 and then $125 x 7 = $875.

03-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

£15 an hour! You're mad!

Personally I'd go in for a share of profits, or at least ask it. Then for cost if that's not an option abuot £25 a day or so. Its not as if Graphics is strenuous and if you make it too expensive they'll just do it themselves. Personally, as somebody who doesn't do graphics, I have learnt a lot about it and I get what I want when I do it purely because its far too expensive to get somebody else to do it. If it were cheaper - I wouldn't know the first thing. You do afterall want to keep Graphic Designers down to a minimum to keep the prices up, but don't go overboard or you'll make it inpractical.

03-04-2005, 05:59 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

£15 an hour! You're mad!
That isn't mad at all. Without graphic designers where would the Internet/applications be? £15/hour really isn't much when you take the full project into perspective. Rule of thumb, never work by the day or the project because scale of difficulty/time varies to much.

I could earn £15/hour doing telemarketing in an office, £5/hour in a supermarket in my town. You're seriously telling me that he should work for £25/day? That is peanuts!

03-04-2005, 06:07 PM
seen.to is offline seen.to
Expertise:
Software:

seen.to is on a distinguished road

Old

£15/hour is VERY reasonable - it's my absolute minimum and I usually charge (and get) a lot more than this. A project this week paid me $150/hour, though this is pretty high I had no qualms about charging it and the client was very happy with the work completed.

£25/day is ridiculous!

You get what you pay for in this life and if you pay peanuts and you should expect to get a monkey!

Closed Thread