Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1289 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Best Place To Advertise Hosting & Free Hosting??

Thread title: Best Place To Advertise Hosting & Free Hosting??
Closed Thread    
04-08-2007, 01:05 PM
miniplaya is offline miniplaya
Software:

miniplaya is on a distinguished road

Old  Best Place To Advertise Hosting & Free Hosting??

Hey all,

I own myhostisfree.com we are not doing too bad with over 500 customers but we want to expand to be a lot bigger. Where are the best places to advertise?? Pay or Free? etc.

Alex

04-08-2007, 01:15 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

signatures in forum (Including this forum) is a good technique, and free. Depending how many posts you have on a forum and how popular you are, the chance of people clicking the links and 'following' you.

Another method would be to see where your target market is, for example, if you hosted sites only for poker, you'd go to a huge poker site or forum and see if they offered advertising on there. Also, when making banners, depending on the site you're advertising on make sure the banner relates t othe site you're advertising on. it's a tiny trick but i know from experience people have been attracted to clicking on banners when the content and colours on the banner have been similar to the forum, it just helps to drag them in and not just some huge company trying to make some capital.

Paid advertising is the best way i think, iNet over at webhostingtalk.com advertising is an excellent way of advertising. They offer banner spaces all over, including text links which will help increase ranking (at least i think) and get lots of backlinks.

making your site really SEO friendly is also another good method of getting your site found by people and not forcing them to view your site.

Closed Thread