Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1272 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Ever Hear Of Scratch My Back Marketing?

Thread title: Ever Hear Of Scratch My Back Marketing?
02-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Borisdseo is offline Borisdseo
Software:

Borisdseo is on a distinguished road

Old  Ever Hear Of Scratch My Back Marketing?

I came up this this concept in late 2008. I then began deploying it on 01/01/2009. Recently I have been sharing this idea all over the various SEO related forums and I thought that I would share it here as well.

Unless you have visited my blog over the last 13 months (which most of you have not) you will have likely never heard of Scratch My Back Marketing.

This link building method is basically about a non spam approach to the backlinks building process. The emphasis here is about win/win marketing. You win because you get needed Do Follow backlinks. They website benefits because from have relevant new content. And the reader benefits from not seeing a bunch of spam comments.

Scratch My Back Marketing is a backlinks building concept that also involves the use of branding and advertising in the backlinks building process. It requires that the backlink builder exchange useful content or comments in exchange for much needed and valuable Do Follow links.

This may seem like common sense to some of you but most do not consider these to be part of backlinks building process. And I believe that they are missing a great opportunity. After all, every comment made reflects back on you and your business.

The advantages of Scratch My Back Marketing can be huge for the website being linked to and for the website being commented on. Your link building comments, posts, and threads are certainly less likely to be deleted if you are adding value and are not overly self promoting. An additional benefit is that in the process it might actually produce increased website traffic and business. Again, Increasing business after all is the ultimate goal, right?

Think about this for a while: Have you ever visited a site or blog from a comment that read "interesting article?" The answer is likely a resounding no. But it is possible that you might visit a website from someone who left a useful comment or post. I think just about every ones will follow a link from a great comment every once in a while.

Also think about this: for a while Have you ever done business with someone who left a comment that read "solid post?" The answer again is likely to be a big fat no on this one.

Yes, if you play the numbers long enough you will gets links by taking the easy path. But each of those linking possibilities was a missed opportunity to promote your website to humans. After, its not the search engines that buy your products or services. Right?

Yes, adding useful content and comments does take more time but those comments are not likely to be deleted so you are further ahead in the long run.

I did a case study that lasted a year and the results were incredible. Quality does rule in the end and the benefits are not fleeting!