Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1290 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Any ideas on how to promote an affiliate program?

Thread title: Any ideas on how to promote an affiliate program?
09-29-2011, 06:59 AM
georgi is offline georgi
Software:

georgi is on a distinguished road

Old  Any ideas on how to promote an affiliate program?

Hello guys,

I would be grateful for any ideas how to promote affiliate program, places, ways, any useful information on the topic, links and specific examples will be my benefit. Thanks in advance.

best regards,
Georgi

09-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Tomos is offline Tomos
Expertise: Front End Development
Software: Photoshop / Textmate

Tomos is on a distinguished road

Old

- Email Marketing
- List swaps
- Blog Comments
- Forum Signatures
- Word of Mouth
- Facebook / Twitter / Social Media
- Article Marketing
- Directory Submissions

to name but a few.

10-04-2011, 04:09 PM
YourBrandMarketing is offline YourBrandMarketing
Expertise: Business Development
Software: Photoshop, Firefox, Office

YourBrandMarketing is on a distinguished road

Old

Tomos has posted a great list of ideas to promote an affiliate program but not the best way to utilize them.

Email Marketing can be used it you purchase a list of e-mails from consumers that have a stated interest in your product. Random e-mails will end you in the spam and junk mail. Also make sure to minimize links in the post as it will cause you to be automatically put into spam and junk mail. Avoid too many numbers in the subject and refrain from using any symbols.

List Swapping is very ineffective as that is un-targeted advertising. How would you feel getting an advertisement to buy a pig? Maybe the farmer just list swapped..

Blog comments are a very slow and bad way to advertise your product. Try building your own blog and letting it gain popularity over time.

Forum signatures are for people with a lot of free time. Younger people, or stay-at-home parents, an the elderly. It requires lots of time signing up and posting on forums. There are web applications that make this easier though.

Word Of Mouth is the single best marketing tool that exists. Utilization of that tool is VERY under done. People are scared to truely utilize it. However if used correctly you can become a millionaire off nothing but affiliate networking and programs.

Social media is a great tool if you have hundreds of thousands of people "linked/following/liking/ETC" your "page"

Article Marketing... have not really heard of this but i assume its writting a strong article about the product and a link to purchase or a referral link at the end. If so, that is a GREAT idea.

And Directory submissions is more for your website..

10-08-2011, 12:16 PM
UmbeeHosting is offline UmbeeHosting
Software:

UmbeeHosting is on a distinguished road

Old

I suggest you think of what kind of people may be interested on the product and research on where these people are. Sending emails to untargetted persons may be considered as spamming.