Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2108 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Gaming Site marketing

Thread title: Gaming Site marketing
Closed Thread    
11-28-2005, 03:50 AM
Aphex is offline Aphex
Expertise:
Software:

Aphex is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Aphex Send a message via MSN to Aphex

Old  Gaming Site marketing

I recently launched an amazing Xbox user support site called GetXbox.net. Other than posting the link on other forums, I'm not exactly how to get the site out there. It is very SEOed I believe, so I don't think I will have too much of a problem on search engines. But that will take a while. What are some options you have experimented with, or would suggest that I do?

Thanks for the help.

11-28-2005, 04:13 AM
echoepidemic is offline echoepidemic
Expertise:
Software:

echoepidemic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to echoepidemic Send a message via MSN to echoepidemic

Old

You could try telling your XBL friends about it.. :P

11-28-2005, 04:49 AM
Blotch is offline Blotch
Expertise:
Software:

Blotch is on a distinguished road

Old

Considering the subject and content of your site, I think the majority of your traffic would come from search engines. Although you said the site has been heavily SEOed, you'll want to make sure you put a large amount of your effort in trying to gain good positions for the keywords in your articles.

You can also try marketing your forum before the main site itself. For example, you could try holding a large posting/referral contest on your forum and then advertising the contest on some large gaming forums (if you could offer a Xbox 360 as a prize, you'd get great results considerring the Xbox shortage ). As the new users visit your forum, they will gradually stumble upon the rest of your site.

As Animus said, you can also try gaining traffic by talking directly with your visitors. If someone on Xbox Live says "I can't figure out how to hook up [instert Xbox accessory here]. What should I do?", you could say "Check out GetXbox.net - they have an article just for that!".

11-28-2005, 04:59 AM
art ico is offline art ico
Expertise:
Software:

art ico is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to art ico

Old

This is quite simple. Just score a partnership with a big xbox company such as "teamxbox.com" and give them free things to review of your product.

11-28-2005, 10:30 PM
cpvr is offline cpvr
Software:

cpvr is on a distinguished road

Old

Affiliate with related sites, tell your friends about -- ask them to tell their friends, so on.
It's basically simple to promote a gaming site, post on other gaming sites, where allowed, and ask them to link to your site in their signature - if that's allowed as well.

Also, you could even join gaming forums, to help promote the site -- gamers love gaming site, at least some of them do.

11-28-2005, 11:09 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

There is only so much you can do by posting on forums, linking and all this sort of word of mouth promotion I keep hearing about.

I'd probably get some advertisements in xbox magazines and popular gaming websites. Way too much time and effort targeting individual people. Your positions in search engines will pick up when your site gets more content and linked from.

Closed Thread