Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2027 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out

Thread title: The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
11-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

It's been another month. How about just showing what you have.

11-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Zara is offline Zara
Software:

Zara is on a distinguished road

Old

Ok, normally I keep clear of the administrative side of things and avoid drama at all costs. However, this forum used to be an amazing resource for web designers and developers alike, even entrepreneurs who had very little technical knowledge. I have never been a fan of nor cared for digitalpoint or sitepoint as they are more of a business than a community.

While I know I've not been around much recently as I've been caught up in my studies, the main reason I quit coming around was simply because of the lack of new and interesting content (posts). I'm not a forum owner, but normally these issues are directly related to how well the forums are administered and moderated.

While I'm not ready to throw in the card of hope on (tf), there does need to be a step up on the administrations side of things. The only person I honestly see actively on the forums and responding to posts is Village Genius. Artashes, granted it is a holiday week, hasn't even signed on in 4 days. Back in 2008, I could understand that. But today, you can even sign in on your phone while at work, waiting in a drive-thru, on the subway/bus, whatever.

I understand everyone has lives, and it's not my forum so I also know you can do with it as you please. However, the part that really eats me is being strung along with false promises. I mean, this is a forum full of freelance and professional web developers and the community leader can't get a single project completed? That could only mean one of two things: 1) This community has fallen below what any of us could even imagine or 2) Goals are no longer actively being pursued and the site has been neglected or lowered drastically in the scope of priorities for those callin' the shots.

Also:
Gaz has been online but hasn't posted since October.
cpr signed in 2 days ago but hasn't posted since the 14th of November, 2011 (Over a year)

Looking at http://talkfreelance.com/showgroups.php , there simply are not enough people trying to build this forum back up to its former glory. With Village Genius being the most active, and Artashes coming in second; the forum need more frequent posters. Part of the job of a staff isn't simply to moderate the community but to build upon it by motivating visitors to participate in conversational topics. That means that such conversational topics have to exist and newcomers are not likely to make them their self.

I don't like pointing fingers or blaming people, but I honestly am tired of seeing people act like they care for this community and then not do anything about it. Who cares if you get a new theme or design or not? If this forum had the quality of content that it used to, it wouldn't matter if the forum looked like craigslist or 4chan.

Thanked by 2 users:
Artashes (11-22-2012), Gaz (11-21-2012)
11-22-2012, 05:33 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Zara, appreciate your comments. Coming from a long time member like yourself, it means a lot to me to see people still [at least appear to] care. The reason why you sometimes don't see me for 3-4 days is (apart from times when I am physically away) because when I login, I usually go through all the new posts to make sure no spam gets through. If I were to just visit the site for a second, then come back later, the "new posts" functionality would not display all the content I want to verify, so I decide to hit it once I know I have enough of a time window to dedicate.

Not sure if you've been following, but we are working on the new skin and a blog. I got my fingers crossed for a miracle to happen this holiday season... But I can't promise to be a real Santa just yet.

By the way, everyone who has been participating in the development comes straight from TalkFreelance community. I am yet to hire someone outside of this forum (the only exception being the logo design).

11-23-2012, 10:14 AM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

No offense but if you appreciated all the comments we wouldn't be a few years into your ownership here and being fed all the BS. You have miserably failed your user base on this forum and you sir are a joke, At this point who is going to take you serious?

I honestly can't see your thinking in even purchasing the site in the first place with your abandonment of tf. What a waste, there was some life and hope for it back then but too much time has past and you killed tf.

No need to tell me how negative I am blah blah blah save yourself your actions or lack of action speaks louder than the BS you shove at all of us time after time. It may make you feel better but look at the drop in users!

Thanked by 4 users:
Gaz (11-25-2012), Salathe (11-24-2012), smacklan (11-25-2012), vVv (12-14-2012)
11-25-2012, 02:14 AM
smacklan is offline smacklan
Expertise: Design, Business
Software: Everything

smacklan is on a distinguished road

Old

I would say this place should be put back out on the market as it might have some worth to someone as a merge into an active site, not sure. I do know that when websites find themselves in this position for longer than a few years, they really have no worth at all to any serious investor. Bottom line - the place belongs to Artashes. It really is no one's business what he does or doesn't do with it...it's his investment. I, personally, pop in once every few weeks on the outside chance there might be something here that interests me. Nothing has for many years, sadly.

Thanked by:
Artashes (11-28-2012)
12-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Old

Creeping up to another month and no reply since October...

Thanked by:
vVv (12-14-2012)
12-20-2012, 01:07 AM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

Did you expect anything else? It seems to be the norm for the owner to ignore the members here.

Thanked by:
vVv (12-20-2012)
01-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Old

January now. No holiday season miracle. What's going on?

Thanked by:
vVv (01-03-2013)
01-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Lol. I have no idea.

P.s. I've left TF staff. I can't stand to be associated with Artashes' ability to run this forum into the ground.

Thanked by 3 users:
nomatch (01-03-2013), Salathe (01-06-2013), vVv (01-04-2013)
01-03-2013, 09:59 PM
nomatch is offline nomatch
Software:

nomatch is on a distinguished road

Old

It's still not too late!! lol

Thanked by:
Gaz (01-04-2013)
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >