Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1671 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

[LOOKING TO HIRE] Someone to code my professional portfolio

Thread title: [LOOKING TO HIRE] Someone to code my professional portfolio
Closed Thread    
08-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old  [LOOKING TO HIRE] Someone to code my professional portfolio

Hi!

I'm looking for a top notch coder who is willing to xHTML/CSS my professional portfolio. I emphasize professional because this portfolio will be sent to top agencies across the US as I continue to look for a junior position.

With that being said, I expect validated code, perfect "PSD -> HTML" conversions (you can't be off even 1 pixel! - And yes, I will notice). I'm sorry to be so strict, but it's very important to me, especially since this has to do with my career path.

There are some things that I need, and they are:
  • This is a SINGLE PAGE layout (there are no other navigation options). Please quote price accordingly.
  • I have a "quote" area in the top right, where I'd like it to call random quotes that I've prepared from an alternate file (or however it works best).
  • Lightbox with multiple images for each portfolio piece
  • Custom Designed Fields Contact Form
  • "Expansion" animation like here (click "ministry guide"). This will expand to view ALL of my work.
  • 24 - 48 (max!) hour turn around.
Please let me know how much it'll cost, and provide a portfolio that shows you know what you're doing. If you're willing to do some sort of trade of coding the portfolio in exchange for a significantly discounted design rate, I'm willing to do that as well.

Thanks!

08-11-2008, 02:19 AM
rochow is offline rochow
Expertise:
Software:

rochow is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to rochow Send a message via Skype™ to rochow

Old

Hi Byran,

I can do this pixel-perfect. I will take up the trade offer as it'd work out better for us both - if we work on it all day to make it literally pixel perfect in all the major browsers, times that by $45/hr and it comes to quite a bit

Portfolio: www.matthewrochow.com

Added you to MSN.

08-11-2008, 03:51 AM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the offer. You're a bit too late though. However, as far as pixel-perfect goes, there is not much work needed from your side. I design by grid, and the design itself is already pixel perfect, it is just a matter of finding a competent enough coder who can translate that to xHTML/CSS.

Position has been filled by someone else.

Thanks for the numerous PMs and inquiries everyone.

08-11-2008, 05:12 AM
rochow is offline rochow
Expertise:
Software:

rochow is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to rochow Send a message via Skype™ to rochow

Old

Originally Posted by Bryan Le View Post
However, as far as pixel-perfect goes, there is not much work needed from your side. I design by grid, and the design itself is already pixel perfect, it is just a matter of finding a competent enough coder who can translate that to xHTML/CSS.
That's not really true. Horizontally, they'll line up easy. Vertically however is another case - font size, line height, borders, margins, browser bugs all throw off the height (especially across browsers) - so it's not as easy as just entering the font size and *bam* it lines up.

No problem. I love the Subaru design btw, far better then their real site. They always seem to pick the boring old corporate style.

Closed Thread